Stepping Heavenward

2006-11-25


Remember how I said I was reading a book called "Evelyn" the other day? Well, I started off reading a book called Zvi about one man's triumph over the holocaust and then, halfway through it, I started reading Evelyn and then, halway through that I started reading this book, One Thing You Can't Do in Heaven. I wonder if I'll ever finish one book this year! :)

Sarah posted the last book to me from Switzerland the other day and it's very good. No, it's really good! Written by Mark Cahill, it's a book about reaching out to the lost people in our world and how we can talk to them about the Lord. It's very encouraging, inspiring and easy to read and if you haven't read it before, then you should read it soon!

Mark Cahill's life's motto is: "If they're breathing, they need Jesus".

How often, as Christians, do we fear to talk to people about the Lord? For me, it's VERY often. I am afraid of saying something wrong, offending the person, looking like a "religious freak" or even being made fun of. It's certainly not easy to stand up and do something like that. Ever felt the same as me?

But after I began to read this book, it made me really want to do more wittnessing. And has Christians it is our duty to tell others the truth that we now know.

All of this babble to say that hopefully this week a friend and I will meet in town and pass out leaflets/tracts to people on the streets. I also want to have a one-on-one chat with a non-Christian girl at my church tomorrow. I have also been trying my best to wittness to people I know through email. Please pray that these things will go well.

I also had a thought...why don't each of us try and talk to at least one person about the Lord this week? Sound like a plan? Then pleasecome back to my humble little blog and let's talk about how it went! That way we can all pray for the people we have all met. :)

Come on, don't hide...
All you people on my side links-Hello! Wake up!- And all the others I have gotten to know as well! :)
Let's share!

10 Comments:

  • So how did the witnessing go? I had wanted to witness to my unsaved uncle on thanksgiving but I didn't get a chance too.

    By Blogger Chris McCarthy, at 12:06 AM  

  • I don't get a lot of opportunities to witness to unbelievers, (I'm homeschooled and work at a Chrisitan bookstore :-)) but when I'm at work, I never know who is saved and who isn't, so I try as hard as I can, with the Lord's help, to let my attitude do as much talking (positive) as possible - I never know who I might end up talking to.

    I also heard someone say somewhere before that your life might be the only Bible some people ever know.

    By Blogger Kaitlin, at 9:45 PM  

  • Hey Cel,

    I wasn't sure if you were keeping up with my blog, but I wanted to ask you to continue to pray for my Mom. She is having a lot of trouble, but God does miracles, and I still believe she will be healed. She just needs prayers!

    Love, Danielle

    By Blogger Danielle, at 4:18 AM  

  • In reply to Chris:
    I have some sad news. The girl I wanted to talk to at church left home last week very unexpectedly. It's pretty sad, and there's no way I can contact her now because her old number isn't in use.

    As for passing out leaflets in town, my friend and I have planned on Friday...so will keep you posted.

    In reply to Kaitlin:
    I know about not getting many opportunities to witness. I was also home schooled for the last four school years and now am studying an advanced course at home as well.
    I also work at a bookstore:) It's a Christian/educational bookstore...and that's also at home, because it's our family!! :)

    In reply to Danielle:
    Thanks for letting me know. I have been visiting your blog, but just not as often has I used to. Thinking of you muchly.

    By Blogger Celeste McGrath, at 4:13 PM  

  • I'm often reading more than one book at a time! ;-)

    In Jesus
    Maria in the UK
    www.inhishands.co.uk

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:14 AM  

  • To me, it seems like getting more involved in your community would be more effective than passing out tracts... tracts are okay, but friendship evangelism is way cool! Get involved in community things... mentoring, kids programs, things like that... that's better than just trying to "sell" Jesus to strangers.

    By Blogger Jana B, at 3:38 PM  

  • Wait, that sounded kinda bad. What I mean is... YES pass out tracts now (go you!!!!! Way to pass out tracts! You rock!!!)... but get involved in your town as well. YKWIM?

    By Blogger Jana B, at 3:45 PM  

  • Thanks Jana,

    I know what you mean. But in some cases, it's just not possible to get invloved with something else...like for me. (at the moment at least)

    So, tracts it is! And God can still work mightily in these cases, and we'll definately be praying that we won't appear to people like we are "selling Jesus"...anyway,God knows our hearts, and His ways are powerful! :)

    By Blogger Celeste McGrath, at 4:44 PM  

  • P.S
    It's howling winds and lashing rain and flooding at the moment. (You don't know Irish storms if you've never seen one!)

    Tomorrow is Friday, so unless something changes, the outlook doesn't look too good :(

    By Blogger Celeste McGrath, at 4:45 PM  

  • Well, today is Friday!
    As mentioned, we've had shocking weather and we thought today would be off, sure that the bad weather had set in for a few days.

    But this morning, (after a sleepy head mumbled a prayer for good weather in the morning!) I woke up to sunshine! The next issue was my friend said she was really busy today and not sure if she'd have time. But she later text me and she ended up having extra time! :)
    We passed out dozens and dozens of leaflets, I think I had a stack of about 80 and she had lots more and nearly all went! Quite nice!
    After an hour it started to rain (uh,oh!) so we went to have a drink and get something to eat, and my sister ended up joining us on her work break. The weather cleared in a few moments and my sister left again for work. Me and friend went on our way...I happened to be mentioning a man to her that I always see-in a wheel chair- and how I had been wanting to give him a leaflet one day and then...no joke, we saw him two feet in front of us! Weird, huh? No! :)

    So, not much else to say, other than everything fell into place...and... what's this I hear now? Rain lashing against the windows again! :) Thanks for praying!

    By Blogger Celeste McGrath, at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home