Stepping Heavenward

2006-10-24

Real Beauty

I got this (click on heading to see link) through following the "Omer of Manna", and found it good. The world is obessed with the perfect look, and I think that we girls find it harder than the lads do. We have magazines, newspapers, and movie stars thrown in our way and we think that if we don't look as perfect as them, then we are ugly.

But that's not real beauty. Real beauty comes from within. I used to think that an ugly person could not be really beautiful...but recently, especially this past year, I have found out how wrong I have been. I have met girls and guys who have the sweetest personalities that outshine everything else...and this beauty is the most wonderful of all. REAL BEAUTY

6 Comments:

  • I'm glad that you met me before "this past year"!!....:):):):):):):):)
    Just joking, but what gain to be a beauty on the in- and outside, in stead of ugly both ways right?:):)
    No, but it's truly great to not create our own beauty, but rest in the beauty that He works in us to make life worth living and bring joy and hope, even to our darkest days!

    By Blogger jacky baken, at 9:57 PM  

  • Yeah, I agree, I have seen really nice looking people who are snobs and it ruins their outward beauty.

    By Blogger Keith M., at 1:08 AM  

  • You know what really peeves me? When I see girls absolutly LADEN in make-up, inches thich! (well, uh, almost)

    Awhile back I was looking at a photo of a friend-and she wasn't wearing make-up. When she looked over my shoulder at the photo she cried "Oh no! There's me with no make-up!" I hadn't ever seen her without all her "paint" before that and, honestly, she was far prettier without make-up!

    A minister once put it this way: You wouldn't get a red rose and paint over it to improve it's colour. Why paint your face?

    By Blogger Celeste McGrath, at 1:29 PM  

  • By the way...I don't think it's WRONG to wear make-up...definately not! I just wish girls would take the time to stop and work out WHY they are plastering up what God has given them...

    Thoughts, anyone?

    By Blogger Celeste McGrath, at 6:01 PM  

  • Yeah, it seems like if you were to stick your finger into their make-up it would go in clear up to your knuckles. I don't think that a little make-up is bad, but it's worse when your used to someone who wears and then you see them without it, than it is when they usually don't wear any.

    By Blogger Keith M., at 9:14 PM  

  • Real beauty is undeniable. It lits someone up from within, and touches and blesses people who come into contact with it!

    Physical beauty alone is not enough!

    Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain....

    Blessings
    Thanks for the comments on my blog!

    By Anonymous christelle, at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home