Stepping Heavenward

2006-09-03

A photo please?



This morning we had to make two trips to church because Dad is away with the other car in Wales.

My brother took Eloise (16) and Brenna (11) first and then came home for Mum, Erinna (8) and I.

After we had arrived at church and found seats, I noted the minister sitting across from us and a few rows down towards the front. We have had this visiting minister several times before, and I knew he was from the North of Ireland.

A minute later Eloise and Brenna told me something rather surprising that had happened before the rest of us had arrived at church.

"He took a photo of Eloise and I!" Brenna whispered to me.

"What?!?" I couldn't believe it. Why on earh would he want a photo of my sisters?

Eloise leaned forward to me and said: "He told us that he wanted to get a photo of us to show the people at his own church that there ARE some girls who know how to dress properly!"

Wowsers! It's not often we get people who appreciate our modest skirts, but when it happens, it's definatley a wow thing! :)

11 Comments:

  • That's amazing!

    By Blogger Danielle, at 5:25 AM  

  • Hey Celeste, now honestly, did you really not know about me before you stumbled upon my blog? I've just realized that is quite surprising, considering we know a lot of the same people...

    And I'm positive now I've seen your name in HW before... If you subscribe to HW I'm really baffled since I've written a column in there for the last couple years. :P

    By Anonymous David Boskovic, at 11:04 AM  

  • Btw, that's Hidden Wisdom, not Heart Words, I haven't written for Heart Words yet... *winks at Danielle*

    By Anonymous David Boskovic, at 11:05 AM  

  • My third and last comment:

    *you watch, he probably has it framed and on his wall as 3' wide canvas. So he can point out the right way to all his parishioners* :P

    By Anonymous David Boskovic, at 11:07 AM  

  • Oh! Absolutly! Can you blame him? ;) Everybody wants photos of us. haha.
    Uh...yeah... I REALLY didn't know you until I stumbled on your website! I guess you're not as famous as you think! *triumphant grin*
    Hidden Wisdom? Nope. Sorry. :)

    By Blogger Celeste McGrath, at 1:01 PM  

  • By the way...who are 'the same people' ???

    By Blogger Celeste McGrath, at 3:23 PM  

  • Ok. At least Danielle. ;) We met on LJ. I know Danielle through Abigail Paul, who prints Hidden Wisdom. I and all my siblings were sure that we had seen your name in HW. But maybe it was in Heart Words.... have you ever written into Heart Words or Whatsoever?

    By Anonymous David Boskovic, at 12:57 AM  

  • Ya Ya Ya (feeling a little German at the moment...hmm? Oh, don't ask)

    I have written two articles (if you can call it that) in Whatsoever.
    Do you subscribe to it as well? Great, huh? Well, of course, Danielle is Aussies!!! :)

    By Blogger Celeste McGrath, at 8:50 AM  

  • ok. it's early morning...can't spell right :)

    By Blogger Celeste McGrath, at 8:51 AM  

  • Ah well. :) It's amazing how these circles of Conservative Christians all interconnect. No. I guess I'm not so famous ;)

    By Anonymous David Boskovic, at 1:40 PM  

  • It is amazing.
    Now that's something I miss...conservative Christians. It's hard to be the only one in a group! But that's where blogging comes in handy!!

    By Blogger Celeste McGrath, at 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home