Stepping Heavenward

2006-08-07

A Pimple on a Pumpkin?

A Pimple on a Pumpkin?

Have you ever wondered what use you are? Ever felt small and insignificant or even a waste of space?
I am sure that most of us, at some time or another have experienced such feelings and if I were to be honest with you, cries of “What good am I?” and “Am I actually needed here?” have been uttered from my mouth incredibly frequently!

But then, when I am sitting here questioning where I belong, the purpose of my life and even my existence, I have to stop and remember that there IS somebody who does think I am a good deal important. When I am feeling alone and about as useful as a pimple on a pumpkin, I need to realise that I am meant to be here. I am not an accident.

God created me, and what’s more, He knew me before I was born, before I was even formed in my mother’s womb (Jeremiah 1:5) and He had me in mind before He even created the world!

God delights in me, isn’t that an incredible thought? This old lump of clay that fails miserably and is full of imperfections is still loved by its Creator!
And when I was born, God didn’t just dump me unceremoniously here on earth and leave me alone to fend for myself. He is here, and He going through this life with me. He knows when I go to bed at night, when I wake up, he knows my thoughts no matter how weird, abstract or confused they may be. (Psalm 139) He knows me, because I am His work, and He loves me. And despite the frequent mess I make of my life, He’ll never leave or forsake me until He has completed making me the woman he dreams of.

“Catch a glimpse of my incredible love for you!
I pray that you will be rooted and established in love, may you have the power to grasp how wide, and how long,
and how high and how deep
My completely unconditional love is for you- a love that surpasses human knowledge. -Ephesians 3:17-19 (ASV)


The devil has so many people convinced that they are worthless…but if we take the time to stop and think how we arrived here on the earth in the first place…it blows our minds!

Don’t feel useless; you’re far more beautiful than a pimple on a pumpkin!

-Cel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home